It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us………….. the iconic start to “A Tale of Two Cities” by Charles Dickens sounds so apt today.
Talk to anyone around you, watch the news, read the newspapers, check the posts on LinkedIn, follow the trends on Twitter or Facebook or any other social media if you like, what we hear is the same that “it will never be the same again”. Quite interesting that our world is taking a U-turn and with it the way people run businesses and the way people work will change significantly……..All due to a VIRUS!!!
Interesting, how a virus will lead to a paradigm shift in the way we look at all things business.
It is now like the Before-After billboards,
- Life – Before and After Covid-19
- Work – Before and After Covid-19
- Business – Before and After Covid-19
Businesses will change. How and to what degree they change will depend on the leaders and the market environment. What necessarily will have to change are the way people processes are designed, implemented, and managed.
It will be interesting to see how the Employee Life-Cycle processes #Recruitment-to-Retirement, #Recruit-to-Retire, #R2R, will evolve in the coming year. Each point can be a source of further discussion to share views and insights. These are just my take on how things will evolve.
This is where it all starts, getting the right peg for the right hole. This function has much evolved overtime with the advent of social media, but now we will see significant shift in the way we source, evaluate, select, and engage with the prospective employees.
I believe that going forward these 6 actions will differentiate the best from the rest.
- Build A Compelling Employer Brand
- To attract the BEST you need to STAND OUT among the rest
- Create an Awesome Candidate Experience
- Something to relish for a long time to come
- Use the power of the Social Media
- Social footprint of the prospective employees can offer good insight
- Build a Strong Virtual Talent Pool
- Use the power of Data Analytics to keep track of your prospective talent
- Use Smart Online Assessments
- Reduce the number of physical face-to-face meetings – go virtual
- Active Candidate Engagement
- Active engagement at pre-offer and post-offer stage helps in keeping the candidate interested